Sunday, February 24, 2013

Peggy's Oscar Picks

For those of you playing along at home, here are my predictions for the Oscars tonight.  Not all are necessarily my favorite in each category, but they are the ones I think are most likely to win.

Note: I'm historically TERRIBLE at this.  :)


BEST PICTURE
Argo
(Even though I think that Django Unchained was a MUCH better movie)

(Ugh, but I'm torn between Argo and Les Mis... Ok... I'm going with Argo. Final Answer.)

ACTOR in a Leading Role
Hugh Jackman
Les Misérables

ACTRESS in a Leading Role
Jessica Chastain
Zero Dark Thirty
(Also, not my favorite performance, but I think she's going to take it.  WEAK nominations this year, if you ask me.)

ACTOR in a Supporting Role
Christoph Waltz
Django Unchained
(DUH)

ACTRESS in a Supporting Role
Anne Hathaway
Les Misérables
(I mean, come on.  How can she not win?)

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
Wreck-It Ralph
Rich Moore
(Here's rooting for an actual comedy!)

CINEMATOGRAPHY
Django Unchained
Robert Richardson

COSTUME DESIGN
Les Misérables
Paco Delgado

DIRECTING
Silver Linings Playbook
David O. Russell

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
Searching for Sugar Man
Malik Bendjelloul and Simon Chinn
(I didn't see any of the nominees in this category, but I have heard TONS about this movie, so I assume it will win.)

DOCUMENTARY SHORT
Mondays at Racine
Cynthia Wade and Robin Honan

FILM EDITING
Argo
William Goldenberg

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
Amour
Austria
(For the record, I don't think that there should be a Foreign Language Film category.  Obviously, if one of the nominees in this category is up for Best Picture, and none of the other nominees are, it will win.  So... why have a separate category?  It also assumes that non-English movies are inherently sub-par and therefore need their own JV category, and that's becoming less and less the norm.  I say, cut this shit out.)

MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Peter Swords King, Rick Findlater and Tami Lane

Original Score
Lincoln
John Williams

Original Song
"Skyfall" from Skyfall
Music and Lyric by Adele Adkins and Paul Epworth
(That song from Les Mis was shit.)

PRODUCTION DESIGN
Les Misérables
Eve Stewart (Production Design); Anna Lynch-Robinson (Set Decoration)

SHORT FILM Animated
Paperman
John Kahrs
(This is a really awesome short, and you can watch it online!)

SHORT FILM Live Action
Death of a Shadow (Dood van een Schaduw)
Tom Van Avermaet and Ellen De Waele

SOUND EDITING
Django Unchained
Wylie Stateman

SOUND MIXING
Les Misérables
Andy Nelson, Mark Paterson and Simon Hayes

VISUAL EFFECTS
Prometheus
Richard Stammers, Trevor Wood, Charley Henley and Martin Hill
(I don't care what anyone says.  Prometheus was awesome.)

WRITING Adapted Screenplay
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Screenplay by Lucy Alibar & Benh Zeitlin

WRITING Original Screenplay
Django Unchained
Written by Quentin Tarantino

Am I right or am I right?  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment